Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wednesday Weighty Wisdom


       Wednesday  Weighty  Wisdom
 
The past few days I have been reading "Undiet" by Meghan Telpner and have been enjoying her conversational way of writing.
She basically took on curing her stomach problems through research and recognizing what made her feel better. It was a long journey but she came out of it healthy and eager to share her findings.
As she say, we should all be "living wholly and fully with joy and pleasure.
Her first step is to drink water - lots of it.(8 - 10 glasses a day) We need water - for energy, lubing the joints, keeping the blood flowing freely  and boosting our immune system to name 4. If we become dehydrated, it may seem as if we are hungry as our energy level drops. What we need though is to keep hydrated with water, 
She gives ways to enhance the water and recipes for green juices and special drinks.
 
I know I do not drink enough water. I drink a lot of tea and some juice and mild as well. I have been trying to add more water the past few days - I am up to almost 2 glasses a day. I have a ways to go.
I will be continuing with reading "The Undiet " and see where she leads.
I have though, cut out wheat this week and am already finding my stomach problems have eased a bit. I am also not craving "goodies" as much. That was one of my worst habits - tea and a treat after lunch and dinner. I am trying green tea and also having fruit and yogurt as my snack. It is helping.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment