Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Weigh-In Wednesday - a weee bit late (9 months!)



I am an addict. There. I said it. I am a food addict. I fell off the wagon a long while ago- 9 months ago. Too long has this blog been dormant

I have tried numerous times in the past few months to eat better, exercise, lose weight. I have yo-yoed over the same few pounds several times.
But enough already. My daughter's words and my own concerns have nudged me (okay forced me) to do something and stick with it.

Last week my hubby and I returned from our 10 day trip to Lake George. We had a great time, but sicne returning we have both felt "off" and I am tired up waking up with little energy or desire to accomplish my goals. 

I started reading"The Daniel Plan" (40 Days to a Healthier Life) by Rick Warren, Damiel Amen and Mark Hyman.



It makes so much sense. I am hoping it helps me achieve my health goals. 
Today I also read a lovely post by "Collage Diva"  ("Lifting the Fog")that really pointed out what has been wrong with my health for so long and then shared what she is doing to feel better.

So I am returning to blogging here at "Stuck in a Rut" (which I have been for too long- and I want to get out!)
There is accountability here and a great supportive community that I want to reach out to (more so than I did before!)

Today is weigh-in and a return to a focus on better health.
Today's weight - 200.4 lbs.

Goals for this week:
1. Start the 10 day detox plan laid out in the" Daniel Plan". Gluten, milk and sugar will all be cut out.
2. Shop for foods needed to implement this.
3. Start the day with warm lemon water.
4. Exercise for 15 minutes a day to start.
5. Drink more water. 
6. Laugh more. Play!


Linking with: Weigh-In Wednesday

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by. Thnaks a swell for the encouragement - I will need it!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back to your journey! You have some great goals to start you out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassandra. I hope these goals are achieved. I have more determination now I think.

      Delete