Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday Weigh-In /My bucket List

                                                                Friday Weigh-In

I have made it through my first week and done fairly well.

I have been without gluten (no bread, cookies, snacks!) for a week and I don't have the cravings. My acid reflux has lessened and I have lost weight! Yeah! I have lost 3.6 pounds.

I have had a dull headache most days - which I am putting down to withdrawal, as I have also cut back on tea (which I always had to have with a treat). Today though no headache and I feel better.

There is still a bit of acid reflux, so am wondering if I need to cut milk - my children are lactose intolerant - maybe I may need to try this as well.

I created an art card for ICAD (an index card a day - for June and July) and I refer to it several times a day.



It is so true - I have to stick with this now - to improve my health and hopefully ease the pain in my knees.

For me, recording of my meals and snacks has been a very useful tool. I haven't started any exercise programme, altho we have been swimming 2x a week.

My overall goal is to :  Lose 25 pounds and become fitter.

Goals for week 2:
1.Continue to record my food intake.
2. Drink more water. (I still have a ways to go to 8 glasses a day!)
3. Finish reading "UnDiet" by Meghan Telpner
4. Start reading "Wheat Belly" by William Davis
5. Check out a video on beginner yoga.

See you Wednesday for "Wednesday's Weighty Wisdom" - a look at what I am reading and learning about healthy lifestyles.





I have just discovered a great blog hop and it so fits in with my goal making.

Finish the Sentence Friday

My bucket list includes:

Many things and the list has changed over the years.

Right now, my huge goal is to get healthier and feel better than I have in years.

I also want to be a published author (working on editing a children's book now) and hold my very own art show. I would also like to set up an ETSY shop.

Zentangle star


I would like to travel with my husband and visit special places like B.C and Newfoundland, and a return to Cayman Islands and Scotland.

 BC


I want to see whales in the ocean.

Most of all, though, I want to enjoy my retirement, with family and friends, and contribute in a meaningful way.



7 comments:

  1. Sounds like we definitely have few goals on our bucket lists in common, especially the book publishing and traveling. I picked Ireland, but Scotland would be nice, too!! Thank you for linking up with us today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing whales would be amazing. I so didn't think of that!

    Sounds like your exercise plan is going really well - good for you for sticking with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your weight loss! Good for you! Seeing the Orcas whales would be on my bucket list. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, would love to see whales and congratulations on your weight loss and diet change. I've been thinking I need a serious diet change as well recently. I'm not exercising enough and just feel blah and tired all of the time. I've heard that carbs and gluton removal helps with that a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great you're eating restyle is having a weight loss effect. You could try coconut or rice mik instead of cow's milk. I don't eat animal products so was looking out for an alternative for my coffee. Coconut milk is the best I've found so far as it's the lowest calories and doesn't go weird when you heat it up like soya milk can. Your bucket list sounds great. I saw a whale once wgen I was a child in a river in our hometwon which got there by mistake from the sea. They called it Dopey Dick instead of Moby Dick. They got it back out to open waters again after about a week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoop! Whoop! Congrats on the great weigh loss!! Glad you joined Finish the Sentence Friday. It is such a fun hop. I did see whales swimming in the ocean once. So cool! I also saw hundred of dolphins swimming too. We were on a cruise going to the Canada/New England area. We were not far from Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom was just telling me that putting lemon in your water can help with acid reflux. I would have thought it would make it worse but apparently it helps neutralize the acid.

    ReplyDelete