Saturday, October 7, 2017

Day 7 - Write 31 Days



Today is Day 7 of “Write 31 Days” – the daily writing challenge this month. My theme is healthy Choices.

One healthy choice that is not disputed is exercise. We are told often that we need to get more physical – that we must get our heart pumping for a sustained time. We need to be less sedentary – not sitting for too long.

Although I used to enjoy swimming and skating and walking, as I’ve aged, I’ve had much less of a love affair with any of these activities.

With the stress in my life, I had turned to food – and so over the years, my weight increased. I know what is required; I know why exercise is so important.

Dr. Axe offers these 11 benefits of exercise.  

The Mayo Clinic offers a benefits list as well.

So with the fitbit to help me achieve my 10 000 steps most days and weekly swimming, I am getting more active, although I still have a ways to go.


What physical activity do you take part in?

No comments:

Post a Comment