Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day 1 - 31 Days of Change



I started this blog with the goal of improving my health. I have lost a few pounds and I am determined to lose more.
But, more importantly, I know I need to make healthy choices consistently.

Each day I aim to focus on something from my readings to help me (and you) do that.

Advice I need:
My biggest downfall is my love of desserts after a meal, with a lovely cup of tea. I usually cannot have tea without a cookie or pastry. I have tried to give up store bought goodies, but then I will make banana bread or apple crisp.
In an old issue of "Whole Health", a small article talked about sugar detoxing. One way was to replace fruit for a healthier snack.

Today I did that - with an apple at lunch and green grapes after supper.
My daughter has always encouraged this, as does the Mediterranean diet. It is definitely a mindset that I have to change.

Be sure to check here at The Nesting Place, where there are literally hundreds of others taking part in the "31 Days of Change" for October. It's not too late to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment